A DAY IN THE JUNGLE (SOCIAL-EMOTIONAL BINGO)
DESCRIPTION: Great game to have playful discussions on helping, sharing & caring. Builds values & teaches by surprise. A fun social-emotional bingo.
AGE GUIDANCE: 5+ YearsHOW TO PLAY:
- Roll the 2 dice and see the combination rolled e.g. sharing and Elephant.
- All players look at their board to see if they have a picture that matches the combination (in this case the picture would show a elephant sharing something with another animal). If you have the picture on the board, mark it with a chip.
- The first one to mark any 4 squares in any one row or a column or a diagonal line gets to shout ‘Jungle Love’ and is the Winner!
- Play longer with a ‘black out’ where all squares have to be marked.
- Raise the emotional quotient by getting the child to talk about or enact the relational skill.
- E.g. the time s/he has been caring and what they did to show that. Or talk about the many ways of putting the particular value in action.
- E.g. ways to show courtesy