OBJECT PERMANENCE BLOCK
Description: Jon Piaget, argued that for infants, one of the most important accomplishment is to understand that objects continue to exist, even when they can't physically perceive them (see or touch). This beautifully hand-crafted early learning aid does just that, in a really fun way for both the child and parent.
Age: 6 months onwards
How to use: Presentation of the Montessori Object Permanence Box
- Put the work mat in place and put the object permanence box on the work mat so it will be in front of the child. Encourage the child to help.
- Sit facing the child with the work mat between you.
- Name the box and the ball: “This is the box. This is the ball.”
- Slowly and deliberately place the ball in the hole.
- When the ball rolls to a stop in the tray, smile and pick it up.
- Repeat the action.
- Invite the child to place the ball in the hole.
- Once the child begins putting the ball in the hole, quietly move aside and allow her to work undisturbed.
- When finished, invite the child to put the materials away on a low shelf.
Manufacturing Description: Handmade with pinewood, dyed with non-toxic, water-based stains safe for babies.
Contents: Set consists of a box with 2 holes, tray and wooden ball. Wooden ball provided with the set is not a choking hazard.
Dimensions: 28X14X12 cms
Weight: 900 grams