DESCRIPTION: This is one combo which is sure to satisfy your spooky cravings. Filled with witchy magic, shivery sounds, eerie coincidences and much more, take a journey through these delightful tales from the comfort of your bed. Fall into these books with beautiful nightscapes and surreal worlds and find out what magic there is in store for you!
AGE GUIDANCE: 4 to 9 Years
1. TAK-TAK: Tak-Tak! Where did that noise come from? Did you hear it? Is it a ghost? Well, once a young man heard this noise everywhere and he thought it was a ghost… until he found out what the noise really was and it was not what he expected at all! Read this story so that you too can find out!
2. THE NIGHT MONSTER: Every night, when the owl hoots and the shadows of the trees dance on the walls, the Night Monster creeps into Avi's room and frightens him. One day, his sister suggests he write a letter to the monster, and Avi's nights are not the same any more.
3. 8563: Raghunath boards a train from Mumbai to Vajraghat and shares his compartment with a stranger. Raghunath's curiosity is piqued when the mysterious stranger starts speaking in numbers. This original story by Soumitra Ranade and Rudradutt Ranade features three alternative endings by Sonali Arun Bhatia, Archana Rao-D'Cruz, and Mira Desai. Illustrated stylishly in pen-and-ink by Ambika Sambasivan, 8563 is a delightful mystery for all readers.
4. A TANGLE OF BRUNGLES: To conjure up the charming Mr. Brungle, a coven of witches stir up the Great Brungle Brew. For this they toss in a lounge of lizards and a mischief of mice and a quiver of cobras among many others. Do they succeed? The book is a hilarious twist on collective nouns.
5. WHAT DID THE MONSTER CHILD EAT TODAY?: My breakfast was revolting it was simply divine. My lunch was repulsive, I liked it just fine. My dinner was ghastly it was pure gourmet . You'll never believe the things I ate today! Sampurna Chattarji's clever use of hyperbole and Vibha Surya's quirky illustrations bring a child's monstrous imagination to life, and will leave you shuddering and chuckling.
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN
Made in India
The Nestery presents Karadi Tales, an independent children’s publishing house based in Chennai, India, focusing primarily on picture books and audiobooks. It was started in 1996 by a group of writers, educators and musicians, with an intent to create a space for Indian culture in the world of children’s publishing.