Description: A combo of 5 books that touch upon nature and environment . Cuts across reading levels
1. The red fairy: Little Meeto dreams about cars and knows everything about them. One day she meets Red Fairy, a car that can do things that no other car can.
2. Jadav and the tree place: Jadav has the best job in the world: he makes forests! How does he do it? Read this book to find out!
3. The seed savers: Without seeds there would be no food to eat or clothes to wear. Inspired by a real-life event, this is the story of a village that comes together to open a seed bank.
4. Chipko takes root: Here is a story set in the hills that shows what bravery and grit can accomplish. Dichi, a brave Bhotiya girl takes part in the Chipko movement to save her beloved trees. Everybody in her village knows that trees give them all the important things in their life. Rapid deforestation in the Himalayan region of the Alaknanda river caused floods in the 1970s and gave birth to movement to save trees by hugging them.
5. Welcome to the forest: "Tulsa is off to Kanha Tiger Reserve with her school friends. Along with the forest officials, the students experience the jungle in a unique and exciting way. "