Block Printing Kit: Swallow
Each kit contains a life-sized paper mache bird which is made by women from marginalised communities living near Pench Tiger Reserve. This initiative is an attempt to give these women a sustainable means of livelihood and also preserve this rare are of making Papier Mâché Birds. in collaboration with Conservation Wildlands Trust, PashooPakshee has engaged the sole surviving artist, Mr Trilok Thakur to train these women to make these beautiful birds so that this wonderful art can prevail.
- These papier-mache birds are fragile, please handle with care
- The feet of the bird are made from metal wires which are flexible. If the bird is able to stand on the feet, you can slightly bend the feet to make it stand steady on a flat surface
- Use a soft dry cloth to clean the birds before painting
- Avoid using too much water as the bird has been moulded from paper clay and it will tend to soften with excessive water. Just add a few drops of water to the paint using the brush and mix well before painting
- These birds are not waterproof and are not meant to be kept outdoors
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN
Made in India
ABOUT THE BRAND
The Nestery presents Pashoo Pakshee, a brand whose products are made by local artisans and women from marginalized communities living in wildlife conflict areas. It is their constant endeavour to ensure maximum utilization of local art and crafts and to create products that are relevant to the destinations they originate in.