Tactile Mathematics Primer
- It can be used by students with visual impairment and blindness across the world as it focuses on concepts irrespective of the school curriculum and education board.
- Headings and Labels in the tactile diagrams are in the English language.
- Special educators, teachers, parents can use it as a teaching aid for explaining geometry concepts to students with visual impairment.
- For ease of use, tactile diagrams on punched sheets are organized chapter-wise in the ring binder.
- It is developed in collaboration with the Xavier resource center for the visually challenged.
1 Tactile mathematics primer
262 mm x 275 mm x 9 mm
Raised Lines Foundation
Number of diagram sheets: 21
Number of braille sheets: 2
5 to 10 years
Text in print + braille on thick braille paper and diagram in tactile on PVC-based paper like a sheet.
Keep the book in the standing position to avoid damage to raised braille dots
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN
ABOUT THE BRAND
The Nestery presents Raised Lines Foundation, a not-for-profit start-up from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi. Raised Lines was set up with the mission of transforming the lives of persons with visual impairment by developing innovative and affordable tactile books and assistive technology (AT) solutions that enhance tactile perception and empower students to pursue subjects of their choice. The Foundation has worked extensively to create tactile diagrams as per international standards and guidelines that are affordable and easily perceivable with the sense of touch.